Get The Best Value From SAP Support
“We’re committed to helping our customers make the most of every opportunity to innovate at their own pace,” said Jens Bernotas, Vice-president of Strategy for Maintenance Go-To-Market at SAP Reinforcing its long-term commitment to innovation, SAP has already announced it will provide mainstream maintenance for SAP Business Suite 7 until 2025 and through the assumed envisioned sequence of releases for SAP S/4HANA also until then.
SAP customers also have access to a number of important services in addition to the innovations they receive as a result of paying maintenance to SAP. Bernotas outlined how customers can fully use SAP support services for even greater business advantage.
1. Business OutcomesSome customers may not know the extent of SAP’s direct support in showing them the best way to capture value from their software and support investment. For example, SAP Enterprise Support offers:
- benchmarking that helps customers understand how their business performance stacks up again peer KPIs (key performance indicators) for their industry. Included are suggestions for improvements customers can implement using support services they have already paid for;
- best practices for using SAP in the most effective way for optimized business outcomes;
- tools to figure out which elements of the functions with every enhancement package would be the most beneficial. These tools are available within all support offerings.
2. Seamless Support for Hybrid LandscapesThe SAP provides a seamless support experience for customers across their hybrid software landscape, bridging on-premise as well as cloud solutions. This is becoming increasingly important in a hybrid world where organizations typically have both on-premise and cloud solutions in different parts of the company. It’s particularly valuable to many companies transitioning to SAP S/4HANA, which expands business processes in the cloud. This kind of orchestrated, end-to-end and harmonized support platform saves time and costs, and makes sure business processes are up and running as quickly as possible. Customers can, therefore, focus on how to best implement business processes.
3. Reallocate Investment Toward InnovationSome customers also don’t know that they can reallocate their maintenance spend to bring in innovative solutions. Using “extension policies,” customers can terminate maintenance on unused software and, in exchange, purchase the latest software from SAP – whether on-premise or cloud. The idea is to provide businesses with the kind of flexibility needed to more easily adopt innovative technologies for digitalization.
4. Constantly Expanding Support“Digital transformation is about introducing innovations fast,” said Bernotas. SAP Support is also moving away from the traditional, incident-driven model, to embedded, social interactions that answer customer questions and solve problems faster. For example, customers can interact with SAP experts using chat – faster and more direct conversations. Like everything else in a digitalized world, support and maintenance are transforming with a dramatic impact for customers. With a greater understanding of how to use these services, companies can accelerate innovation for faster growth.
Experts will advise youAnodius is an official certified SAP partner. We have a team of professionals to help you with your SAP solution design, implementation, user training, and any post-implementation services.
Stanislav Micheller, Partner – SAP Delivery Services