How to Create a Custom Field – CLICK-TO-CALL Phone Number in SAP C4C?
Not all standard phone number fields in SAP Cloud for Customer are clickable. Hopefully, they are going to change that in the future. But since the 2002 release, you are able to easily create a phone number custom field that has a click-to-call function automatically. This is great for Computer Telephony Integration (CTI) but also for C4C mobile app users. One-click and you can call your client.
Example: Let’s say you want to have a phone number of customer or their representative directly in Opportunity Overview. Just create a phone number custom field:
Step-by-step guide: You are in your Opportunity:
- Start Adaptation Mode
- Click on EDIT main Opportunity Section
- Click on Add – Field
5. Name your field and in Type field choose Global Data Type, after that new field Global Data Types will appear and here choose Save and Close.
6. Choose your new custom field and click on Apply
7. End Adaptation to make the field usable.
Your custom filed is now available and ready to use:
Few tips – Optional
- Go to Adaptation Mode again and you can change the position of your custom field by drag’n’drop.
9. Click on your custom field to change its properties like visibility, to remove it or edit Field Definition. Click on Edit:
10. You will be redirected to your custom field definition, where you can change a lot of settings. You can set default value here, for example, your country code, so your sales representatives won’t need to type it on their own.
Save your changes:
Now you have your field customized as you need. Good job!